- March 2017
- President’s Notes
- Montana Sheep Conflicts Examined
- ASI Headed to Washington this Month
- Hahn Tops Shearing Field
- Convention: American Wool…Branded for the Future
- Convention: Branding American Wool
- Convention: Officers, Executive Board Elected
- Convention: Industry Veterans Honored
- Convention: Abiding by VFD Regulations
- Convention: States Share Highlights, Challenges
- Convention: Social Media Takes Center Stage
- Convention: FMD Focus of Animal Health
- Convention: WS Aerial Program a Priority
- Convention: Preparing for the New Farm Bill
- Convention: PERC Hears from Researchers
- Convention: EBVs Pay Off for Producers
- Convention: Lamb News is Encouraging
- Convention: The Fleece Awakens at MIWW
- Webinars Prove Informative
- Round 5 of Let’s Grow Grants Open
- Market Report
- The Last Word
Round 5 of Let’s Grow Grants Open
ASI’s Let’s Grow Program is now accepting applications for Round Five grants. The Let’s Grow Committee set the following schedule for the latest round of grant requests:
• Feb. 15 – Application Available at: Sheepusa.org/Growourflock_Funding_Application
• April 20 – Applications Due
• May 15 – Anticipated Award Announcement
Funding is available for projects to support, promote and ensure the U.S. sheep industry’s future through the development of innovative and sustainable initiatives that increase the productivity, profitability and growth of the American sheep industry.
While previous priorities exist, additional consideration will be given in Round Five for grants that focus on:
• Development of producer groups to increase cooperation between producers with similar production systems.
• Increase the adoption of out of season lambing to help distribute supply more evenly and help decrease the seasonality of lamb production.
• Projects and programs that have long term productivity advancing implications.
Questions about the process or the application can be directed to Let’s Grow Coordinator Alan Culham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-896-7378.