- July 2014
- President’s Notes
- Market Report
- ASI 150th Anniversary Blankets & Pillows Now Available
- Sheep Genome Excites Industry
- Closure of Sheep Experiment Station Proposed
- Industry News Briefs
- Support For Wildlife Services Moves Forward as Appropriations Vote Nears
- Chinese Buyers Get U.S. Wool Close-Up
- ASI Sending Pair of Young Shepherds to France to Compete in 2nd World Ovinpiades
- ASI Photo Contest Seeks Your Best Shots
ASI 150th Anniversarry Blanket & Pillows Now Available
Blankets and pillows designed to commemorate ASI’s 150th anniversary were delivered in June by Pendelton Woolen Mills and are now available for purchase.
ASI’s Sheep Heritage Foundation commissioned the blankets, each made with 100 percent American wool and numbered in a limited edition series. Preferred numbered blankets are available on a first-come, firstserved basis.
Designers of the blankets focused on the many aspects that currently and historically make up the sheep industry, incorporating both the figurative and the literal. The geography of the nation is implied by the cut-out peaks, valleys, plateaus and hills in the horizontal tan stripe. Above and below this stripe sit interwoven strands, representing the literal weaving of wool. The designs stress the inter-weavings and community of the sheep industry.
The ASI logo sits prominently in the center, bordered by the horizontal graphic elements. The cream background has a subtle pattern, implying wool strands and a crosssection, of sorts, of years gone by.
• $175 for an individual pillow
• $300 for a pair of pillows
• $750 for a single blanket
• $1,000 for the entire set
To order the blankets and pillows, call ASI at 303-771-3500.