Predator management and livestock protection tools available to the sheep industry have been curtailed and in some circumstances completely eliminated.
Due to the loss of traditional predator management tools, Livestock Protection Dogs (LPDs) offer extremely important protection tool to reduce predator attacks on sheep.
Effective LPD’s help sheep producers by:
- reducing predation on sheep
- reducing potential for wildlife to transmit diseases to sheep
- reducing labor (lessening the need for night corralling)
- alerting the owners to disturbances in the flock
- protecting the family and ranch property
- allowing for more efficient use of pastures
- PRODUCER EDUCATION
- AUCTIONS & LAMB PACKERS
- WOOL & PELT