The American Sheep Industry Association mission is to keep producers, consumers and media informed on the events of the industry. It utilizes the following means to do so:
- ASI Weekly Newsletter – Each Friday, this current newsletter is distributed, highlighting the events of that week.
- Press Releases - Providing industry information to the media is another way ASI works to gets its message out.
- ASI Sheep Industry News – This monthly publication provides detailed information about the lamb, wool and pelt industry and has its own Web site -- www.sheepindustrynews.com. Arcives from 2003, 2004 and 2005 are housed on this site and are accessed by clicking on the Sheep Industry News Archives link on the left.
- Wool Journal -- ASI commissioned Chris Wilcox, a leading analyst and commentator on the global wool industry, to supply this quarterly Wool Journal, which offers insight into the U.S. and global wool markets.
- State Association Newsletters -- During the 2011 ASI Convention in Reno, Nev., ASI made the committment to scan and publish newsletters from state associations that are received at the ASI office. If a state would like to have its newsletters published here, contact the ASI office. The current year as well as the prior year will be available.