Be Healthy with Lamb
Lamb contains many important vitamins and minerals. Lamb is a good source of protein. Protein helps build muscles and strong bones. Lamb is a good source of iron and the B-vitamins. Iron and the B-vitamins give people energy. Lamb is a good source of zinc. Zinc helps make hair healthy and shiny.
Ask Mom or Dad to cook a leg of lamb and use the leftovers to make Shepherd's Lamb Sandwiches. The recipe is shown below. Remember, you can print this page!
Shepherd's Lamb Sandwiches
- 8 pita breads
- mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- 1 pound sliced, cooked leg of American lamb
- 2 red Delicious apples, sliced and dipped in lemon juice
- 1 jar (12 ounces) sweet pickles, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 pound Swiss cheese, shredded
Cut pita breads in half. Spread inside of pita with mayonnaise or plain yogurt. Stuff pockets with lamb, apples, pickles, lettuce and cheese. Enjoy!
Hungry? Feast on our yummy Word Search
What would you like to learn more about?
I want to learn more about SHEEP
I want to learn more about WOOL
Do you have crayons? If so, you can color fun sheep stuff