July 15, 2003
American Sheep Industry Association Conducting 2003 Photo Contest
Attention all photographers: It?s time to start thinking about the American Sheep Industry Association?s 2003 Photo Contest. The contest is open to all who wish to enter, which means you don?t have to be involved in the U.S. sheep, lamb, wool or goat industries to participate. The only rule is that your photograph must include sheep or goats. Entries must be postmarked by August 8, 2003.
Entries will be judged on clarity, content, composition and appeal. A total of $1,000 will be awarded, with awards of $125 going to the grand prize winner in each of the four categories listed below; $75 for the first runners-up in each category and a $50 prize for the second runner-up in each of the four categories. (To increase your odds of winning, enter a category other than ?Kids and Sheep? ? approximately half of our entries tend to fall into this category.)
Other contest rules:
- Action ? Photographs of activities such as shearing, wool classing/skirting/baling, moving/trailing sheep, lambing, tagging, showing, feeding, etc. (Note that all pictures featuring youth ages 18 and younger should be entered in the ?Kids and Sheep? category.)
- Scenic ? Photographs of sheep/goats outdoors. (Photos entered in this category cannot include people.)
- Kids and Sheep ? Photographs containing pictures of youth 18 years of age or younger and sheep/goats.
- Open Category ? Photographs of sheep/goats with other farm animals, i.e. cats, dogs, llamas, donkeys, etc., or sheep/goat pictures ? without people ? taken indoors, such as in a barn, shed, etc.
(If you?re confused about the category into which your photograph would fall, leave the category portion of your entry blank and ASI will categorize it for you!)
- All entries become the property of ASI to be used or reproduced at the discretion of ASI. In addition, entries will not be returned.
- All entries must be 5?x7? or 8?x10? color or black-and-white prints. (Due to their inferior quality, digital photos are excluded from the contest.)
- Entries must be submitted in the name of the person who took the photograph.
- Entries are limited to two entries per person.
- Entries should not be mounted on cardboard or cardstock.
- Only photographs that have been taken in the past six years may be entered.
- Photographs submitted during previous ASI photo contests cannot be re-entered.
- Write the following information on a 3?x5? index card or similar size piece of paper and attach it to the back of the photograph. (Please do not write directly on the back of the photograph.)
- Title of photo
- Category (from the four listed above) into which it is being entered
- Photographer?s Name
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- E-mail address
- Approximate location/date of photo
- Entries should be mailed to:
- American Sheep Industry Association
- Attn: Photo Contest
- 6911 S. Yosemite St.
- Centennial, CO 80112-1414
Questions? Call Laura Gerhard, ASI Communications Manager, at (303) 771-3500, ext. 30.