June 27, 2003
Each year, the American Sheep Industry Association (ASI) sponsors a photo contest and this year is no exception.
The contest allows entrants to classify their photos into one of four categories: action, scenic, kids and sheep and open. (Since about half of the entries received tend to fall within the ?Kids and Sheep? category, you can increase your chances of winning by entering your photos into one of the other three categories.)
Entries will be judged on clarity, content, composition and appeal.
Prize money of $1,000 will be awarded to the winners of the contest, with $125 to the grand prize winner in each of the four categories; $75 to the first runners-up in each category; and $50 to the second runners-up.
The rules of the contest are simple:
- Your photograph must include sheep or goats.
- Entries must be 5?x7? or 8?x12? color or black-and-white prints.
- Contestants are limited to two entries per person.
- The entries must be submitted in the name of the photographer.
- Photographs must have been taken within the last six years.
- All entries become the property of ASI.
Don?t waste any time because entries must be postmarked by August 8, 2003, to qualify.
Staff contact: Laura Gerhard, ext. 30.