August 15, 2005
August 2005 -- Attention all photographers: It?s time to start thinking about the American Sheep Industry Association?s (ASI) 2005 Photo Contest. The contest is open to all who wish to enter, which means you don?t have to be involved in the U.S. sheep, lamb, wool or goat industries to participate. The only requirement is that your photograph must include sheep or goats. Entries must be postmarked by August 8, 2005.
Entries will be judged on clarity, content, composition and appeal. A total of $1,000 will be awarded, with awards of $125 going to the grand prize winner in each of the four categories listed below; $75 for the first runners-up in each category and a $50 prize for the second runners-up in each of the four categories.
- Action ? Photographs of activities such as shearing, wool classing/skirting/baling, moving/trailing sheep, lambing, tagging, showing, feeding, etc.
- Scenic ? Photographs of sheep/goats outdoors. (Photos entered in this category cannot include people.)
- People and sheep ? Photographs containing pictures of people and sheep/goats.
- Open Category ? Photographs sheep/goats with subject matter that do not fall into the three above-listed categories.
New for this year?s photo contest, ASI will now be accepting digital photographs; however, they must be high-resolution photos.
Other contest rules:
- All entries become the property of ASI to be used or reproduced at the discretion of ASI. In addition, entries will not be returned.
- Pictures taken with digital cameras can be submitted via hard copy or electronically. Electronic pictures must be high resolution.
- All entries must be at least 3?x5? color or black-and-white pictures.
- Entries must be submitted in the name of the person who took the photograph.
- Entries are limited to two per person.
- Entries should not be mounted on cardboard or cardstock.
- Only photographs that have been taken in the past six years can be entered.
- Photographs submitted in previous ASI photo contests cannot be re-entered.
The following information needs to be included with each submission:
- Title of Photo
- Category (from the four listed above) into which it is being entered
- Photographer?s Name
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Approximate location/date of photo
Entries should be mailed to: American Sheep Industry Association; Attn: Photo Contest; 9785 Maroon Circle, Suite 360; Englewood, CO 80112 Entries should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject line: ASI Photo Contest. Questions? Call Amy Trinidad, Sheep Industry News Editor, at (303) 771-3500, ext. 55.