American Sheep Industry Association (ASI)
Board of Directors
Summary of Actions
January 29, 2005
- Unanimous approval of the request of the Iowa association to join ASI as a member.
- Unanimous approval of the request of the Delaware association to join ASI as a member.
- Unanimous approval of the ASI FY 2004 audited financials and the FY 2005 year-to-date financials.
- Unanimous approval that ASI continue the state membership contest established in 2003.
- Unanimous approval authorizing the president to establish a bylaws committee to review and update the current bylaws prior to the next board of directors meeting in 2006.
- To allow the Western Range Association to become an associate member of ASI was passed unanimously.
- Approved a dues rate for the fiscal year 2006/2007 of $.035 per stock sheep and $8.00 per member with $400 minimum state dues.
- Acceptance of 34 policies that were new, modified or renewed and one that was allowed to sunset.
- Announced the next meeting of the ASI Board of Directors would be Jan. 28, 2005, in Phoenix, Ariz.