(Six to Eight Servings)
1-1/2 to 2 lbs. of American Lamb riblets
2 Tablespoons oil
1 box (2 ounces) dry onion soup mix
6 cups water
? teaspoon cumin
? teaspoon coriander
1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
3 medium carrots, diced
? cup chopped parsley
1. Dust riblets in flour.
2. In 5-quart pan, brown riblets in oil. Drain.
3. Add both packets of dry onion soup mix, 6 cups water and spices.
4. Simmer, covered, 1-1/2 hours.
5. Add beans, carrots and parsley.
6. Continue to simmer 15-30 minutes or until carrots and lamb are tender.
7. Remove meat from bones before serving, if desired.
8. (Note: Soup freezes well.)