Attention all photographers: It is time to start thinking about the American Sheep Industry Association's (ASI) 2011 Photo Contest. The contest is open to all who wish to enter, which means you do not have to be involved in the U.S. sheep, lamb or wool industries to participate. The only rule is that your photograph must include sheep. Entries must be postmarked by Aug. 19, 2011.
Entries will be judged on clarity, content, composition and appeal. More than $1,000 will be awarded, with awards of $125 going to the grand prize winner in each of the four categories listed below; $75 for the first runner-up in each category; and a $50 prize for the second runner-up in each of the four categories.
The winning photos will be highlighted in the October issue of Sheep Industry News and will be available on Oct. 1 at www.sheepindustrynews.org. Only the grand prize winner, first runner-up and second runner-up in each category will be notified of their winnings.
1. Action - Photographs of activities such as shearing, wool classing/skirting/baling, moving/trailing sheep, lambing, tagging, showing, feeding, etc.
2. Scenic - Photographs of sheep outdoors. (Photos entered in this category cannot include people.)
3. People and Sheep - Photographs containing pictures of people and sheep.
4. Open Category - Photographs with subject matter that does not fall into the three above-listed categories.
Other Contest Rules:
1. ASI can use or reproduce all entries at the discretion of ASI. In addition, entries will not be returned.
2. Pictures taken with digital cameras can be submitted via hard copy or electronically.
3. All entries must be at least 3"x5" color or black-and-white high-resolution pictures.
4. Entries must be submitted in the name of the person who took the photograph.
5. Entries are limited to two per category.
6. Only photographs that have been taken in the past six years can be entered.
7. Photographs submitted in previous ASI photo contests cannot be re-entered.
The following information needs to be included with each submission: title of photo; category (from the four listed above) into which it is being entered; photographer's name; mailing address; phone number; email address; and approximate location/date of photo. Entries should be mailed to: American Sheep Industry Association; Attn: Photo Contest; 9785 Maroon Circle, Suite 360; Englewood, CO 80112. Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of ASI Photo Contest.