May 23, 2008
For More Information Contact:
Amy Trinidad (303) 771-3500, ext. 55, or firstname.lastname@example.orgDenver, Colo.
- May 21, 2008 - Attention all photographers: It's time to start thinking about the American Sheep Industry Association's (ASI) 2008 Photo Contest. The contest is open to all who wish to enter, which means you don't have to be involved in the U.S. sheep, lamb, wool or goat industries to participate. The only rule is that your photograph must include sheep or goats. Entries must be postmarked by Aug. 29, 2008.
Entries will be judged on clarity, content, composition and appeal. More than $1,000 will be awarded, with awards of $125 going to the grand prize winner in each of the four categories listed below; $75 for the first runners-up in each category and a $50 prize for the second runners-up in each of the four categories.
- Action - Photographs of activities such as shearing, wool classing/skirting/baling, moving/trailing sheep, lambing, tagging, showing, feeding, etc.
- Scenic - Photographs of sheep/goats outdoors. (Photos entered in this category cannot include people.)
- People and sheep - Photographs containing pictures of people and sheep/goats.
- Open Category - Photographs with subject matter that do not fall into the three above-listed categories.
Other Contest Rules:
- ASI can use or reproduce all entries at the discretion of ASI. In addition, entries will not be returned.
- Pictures taken with digital cameras can be submitted via hard copy or electronically.
- All entries must be at least 3" x 5" color or black-and-white pictures.
- Entries must be submitted in the name of the person who took the photograph.
- Entries are limited to two per person.
- Only photographs that have been taken in the past six years can be entered.
- Photographs submitted in previous ASI photo contests cannot be re-entered.
- The following information needs to be included with each submission:
1. Title of photo
2. Category (from the four listed above) into which it is being entered
3. Photographer's name
4. Mailing address
5. Phone Number
6. E-mail Address
7. Approximate location/date of photo
Entries should be mailed to: American Sheep Industry Association; Attn: Photo Contest; 9785 Maroon Circle, Suite 360; Englewood, CO 80112. Entries should be e-mailed to email@example.com with the subject line of ASI Photo Contest.
Questions? Contact Amy Trinidad, Sheep Industry News editor, at (303) 771-3500, ext. 55 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ASI is a national trade organzation supported by 44 state sheep associations, benefiting the interests of more than 70,500 sheep producers.