May 15, 2004
- Seasonal-use, diesel-powered equipment has long been plagued with breakdowns caused by contaminated and aged fuel. But there now exists an option other than continually changing filters after the problem arrives. Fluid Engineering has a line of Dieselcraft Strontium Ferrite Fuel Stabilizers that decontaminate and stabilize diesel fuel without the use of chemical additives. The Dieselcraft Fuel Stabilizers do their job by reconstituting aged fuel and killing bacteria as the engine is running for routine maintenance or seasonal use. Installed between the fuel tank and primary fuel filter, the fuel that goes to the engine is treated before returning to the tank via a return line also treated and brought back from a questionable state in a short period. The fuel then has its life clock reset until the unit is run again. For more information visit the Dieselcraft Web site at www.dieselcraft.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whether it's drought conditions or winter weather making pasture and forage scarce, livestock farmers throughout North America can grow a ton or more of fresh, safe, high-protein forage per day with the GrazeGreen Forage System. The GrazeGreen system incorporates refined hydroponic and greenhouse technologies to produce high protein green fodder in small spaces - 365 days per year. Among the GrazeGreen benefits are: (1) marked reduction in water usage; (2) reduced nutrient usage, resulting in cost savings and significant reduction in nutrient 'dumping,' thereby minimizing impacts on the local environment and water table; (3) no overhead spraying, which means reduced mold, humidity and disease; and (4) a reverse-cycle air-conditioner that reduces humidity and provides efficient cooling and heating. For more information call the Crop King office at (707) 935-3815 or visit Web site www.cropking.com.
Hand Drum Pump
- A hand-pump designed for use with five gallon drums and buckets to dispense heavy gear oils up to SAE 140 as well as synthetic and heavy lube oils is the newest addition to the Farmex line of products. The pump features an extra-long, 58-inch reinforced outlet hose with an anti-drip nozzle. It also features a drain-back nozzle holder, stainless steel mesh filter and nitrile rubber seals. It can be used with other fluids, including other oils and water-based fluids, as well as other drum sizes utilizing a standard threaded opening. The pump, which comes with a one-year warranty, is available through farm and farm-equipment retailers. Suggested retail price: $55. For more information call Farmex Inc. at (800) 821-9542 or visit Web site www.farmexinc.com.
General Products Catalog
- The 2004 Dutton-Lainson GOLDENROD General Products Catalog is now available and features more than 400 products for home, auto, farm, industrial and hardware applications. New items for 2004 include the HIRED HAND? fence tools with one-piece handles for more comfortable use. Other new items are the StrongArm? electric AC and DC winches with built-in remote control, the model 6820 drop leg rigid mount jack with 2000 lb. capacity and a weld-on swivel bracket that fits all D-L swivel jacks with ?-inch pins. For more information, call (402) 462-4141.
- Need to quickly and safely remove and remount a tire while in the field? Then check out the Bead-Cheata?? from Farmex. The compact, portable tool even works on very large tractor and off-road tires that previously required considerably more expensive pneumatic or hydraulic breakers that operate only in the shop. The Bead-Cheata tool typically eliminates the need to remove the wheel when changing a tire, thereby saving an enormous amount of time and energy. The tool can be used on tires typically found on tractors (both front and back tires), wagons, combines, backhoes, loaders, graders, skid-steer Bobcats?, front-end loaders, compactors, forklifts, trailers, RVs, trucks (tube and tubeless tires), all-terrain vehicles, golf carts, pick-ups and passenger cars and more. The Bead-Cheata is available at farm retailers and farm-equipment dealers nationwide. Suggested retail price: $150.