March 15, 2004
January 21, 2004,
- Unanimously recommended the ASI officers, executive director and financial officer are authorized to manage the funds of ASI, in accordance with USDA grant requirements and policies as set forth in the bylaws of ASI.
- Unanimous approval of FY 2003 audited financials and FY 2004 financial report through December.
- Unanimous approval of state association dues payment plans.
- Unanimously recommended the ASI board of directors direct the president of ASI to notify the Sheep Heritage Foundation board of directors to elect officers and meet with the ASI Strategic Planning Committee in order to update fund collection and use of foundation funds.
- Unanimously recommended the ASI Board of Directors direct the President of ASI to have a 501C foundation either by significant update of the Sheep Heritage Foundation or create a new one.
- Unanimously recommended the ASI Board of Directors authorize the ASI Executive Board to expend up to $25,000 in support of a 'vote yes' campaign in the upcoming referendum of the American Lamb Program.
- Unanimously approved a membership contest be implemented this fiscal year with 2 awards for the states with the largest percent increase in membership:
Award $100 to winner (minimum dues state)
(Note: Amended by ASI Board of Directors to 5 percent of assessed dues or $100, whichever is greater.)
Award 5 percent dues discount to larger than minimum dues state.
Recognition of winners at ASI annual meeting and presentation of plaque to two second place winners.
- Unanimously approved Phoenix, AZ, as site for 2006 annual meeting of Board of Directors, with target dates of January 24 - 29, 2006.
- Unanimously approved February 20-21, 2004, as the dates for next Executive Board meeting in Denver, CO.