February 15, 2004
1/2 cup diced onion
2 Tablespoons margarine or butter
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/8 cup sliced pimiento
1 lb. ground American lamb
1 bay leaf, pulverized
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon ground marjoram
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 lb. bag frozen hash browns
4 to 6 eggs
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In small frying pan, saut? diced onion in 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter until soft.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place in large mixing bowl.
- Melt remaining 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter in frying pan and saut? diced green pepper.
- Remove green peppers with slotted spoon and set aside in small bowl.
- Add pimiento to saut?ed green pepper.
- In large bowl with onion, mix ground lamb, pulverized bay leaf, seasoned pepper, thyme, ground marjoram, black pepper and salt.
- Form lamb mixture into 8 to 10 2-inch diameter patties.
- In large frying pan, cook lamb patties over medium heat until brown and firm.
- Remove patties and set aside on paper towels.
- Drain frying pan of drippings; wipe clean with paper towel.
- In cleaned pan, fry frozen hash browns with saut?ed green peppers and pimientos following manufacturer?s directions.
- When hash browns are almost done, place patties on top of hash browns.
- Gently break eggs on top of lamb patties and hash browns, taking care not to break yokes.
- Cover and allow eggs to cook.
- When eggs are almost done, sprinkle grated cheese over entire mixture; cover again until cheese is melted.
- Serve directly from frying pan.
Makes 4 Servings