December 30, 2005
December 30, 2005 -- As the year draws to an end, the American Sheep Industry Association thought it appropriate to list what we thought were the top five events of 2005 for the U.S. sheep industry. Here they are:
- First increase in sheep numbers since 1990.
- Passage of the American Lamb Board referendum with an 80-percent margin.
- Producers received nearly $15 million in retained ewe-lamb payments.
- Record high prices on breeding sheep and market lambs.
- Livestock Risk Protection Plan submitted for consideration.