December 15, 2003
(Makes 36 Appetizers)
1 pound lean ground American lamb
36 large mushrooms, washed and dried
? cup melted butter
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons minced parsley
2 Tablespoons minced onion
? cup grated Swiss or Parmesan cheese
? teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
? cup fine bread crumbs
? cup sherry wine
- Cut stems from mushrooms.
- Dip mushroom caps in melted butter.
- Sprinkle caps with lemon juice.
- Chop mushroom stems very fine.
- In skillet, saut? lamb, chopped mushroom stems, parsley and onion; drain.
- In bowl, combine grated cheese, salt, pepper, ? cup bread crumbs and wine. Add lamb mixture and toss lightly.
- Shake lemon juice from mushroom caps. Fill each cap with lamb mixture.
- Sprinkle stuffed caps lightly with remaining bread crumbs.
- Dot each cap with additional butter.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.