October 15, 2003
- 1? pounds American lamb stew meat, well trimmed, cut in
- ?-inch cubes
- ? cup flour
- 1? teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon garlic powder
- 2? teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole tomatoes, quartered; reserve liquid
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- ? cup tomato puree
- 3 Tablespoons picante sauce, any flavor
- 8-9 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (12 ounces) Mexi-corn, ? drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chili peppers
- Toppings: grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced black olives
- In plastic bag, mix flour, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, ? teaspoon garlic powder and ? teaspoon chili powder.
- Place lamb cubes inside; shake bag, thoroughly coating lamb cubes.
- *Brown lamb on all sides using medium heat.
- Add lamb to crock pot; add tomatoes, cup of juice from canned tomatoes, bouillon, tomato puree, picante sauce, 2 teaspoons chili powder, green onions, ? teaspoon pepper, ? teaspoon garlic powder and bell pepper. Stir mixture; blending well.
- Cover; set cooker on low; cook for 8 hours.
- During last hour of cooking, add corn, pinto beans and green chili pepper.
- To serve, sprinkle with grated cheese, dollop of sour cream and olive slice.
(*If using a Teflon-treated pan, no oil is necessary. Use 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil if using a regular skillet.)