August 20, 2004
August 20, 2004-- The winning pictures in the 2004 American Sheep Industry Association (ASI) photo contest have been chosen. Congratulations to the winners and thank you to everyone who entered.
The winning pictures, selected from amongst 276 submitted by 125 photographers, are:
- Grand Prize ? ?On the Move? by John Pitto, Dixon, Calif.
- *First Runners-up ? ?Fall Shearing? by Nathan Smith, Macksville, Kan., and ?Mommy Triplet Chase? by Kim Barnett, Thompsons Station, Tenn.
(* indicates a tie)
- Second Runner-up ? ?Summer Camp Arrival? by Cat Urbigkit, Pinedale, Wyo.
- Grand Prize ? ?The Honeymoon Cabin? by Martin Pozzi, Valley Ford, Calif.
- First Runner-up ? ?Mountain Vewe Coopworths Stop to Pose out by the Stone Wall? by Edward Pospisil, Corinth, Vt.
- Second Runner-up ? ?A Bit Sheepish? by Jessica Reisdorf, Attica, N.Y.
Kids and Sheep/Goats Category
- Grand Prize ? ?Delightful Dorset? by Marlene Bell, Bakersfield, Calif.
- First Runner-up ? ?Lamb Portrait? by Debby Thomas, Moseley, Va.
- *Second Runners-Up ? ?Brand New? by Christine Atkins, Griswold, Conn., and ?Mmmmilk? by Victoria Carroll, Cedar City, Utah
(*indicates a tie)
- Grand Prize ? ?The Daily Walk? by Kathie Morris, Holtville, Calif.
- First Runner-up ? ?Nathan and the Kid? by Carol Carlson, Brush, Colo.
- Second Runner-up ? ?Sneaking Snacks? by Debby Thomas, Moseley, Va.
The winning entries will be featured in the October 2004 edition of ASI?s monthly tabloid, Sheep Industry News.
Contact: Laura Gerhard, ext. 30