In a cooperative effort between ASI and APHIS a presentation about the Scrapie Eradication Program has been developed for producers.
In a cooperative effort between ASI and APHIS a quarterly newsletter about the Scrapie Eradication Program has been developed for State and Federal partners. This publication updates field staff with information ASI has published throughout that quarter.
- June 2014 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Sheep Producers Told Scrapie Eradication Remains Goal
- March 2014 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Finding the Remaining Cases
- September 2013 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Federal Tagging Requirements
- May 2013 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Multi-Pronged Approach to Eradicate Scrapie
- October 2012 Scrapie Erdicate It -- How to Eradicate the Remaining Cases
- June 2012 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Surveillance in Goats
- September 2011 Scrapie Eradicate It
- June 2011 Scrapie Eradicate It
- March 2011 Scrapie Eradicate It
- December 2010 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Infected and Source Flocks New Statuses
- September 2010 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Scrapie Eradication Is In Sight Brochure Available
- June 2010 Scrapie Eradicate It -- APHIS Changes NOR98-like Scrapie Policy
- March 2010 Scrapie Eradicate It -- National Scrapie Eradication Program Makes Significant Progress
- December 2009 Scrapie Eradicate It
- September 2009 Scrapie Eradicate It -- It’s Time to Commit: Producers Crucial Part in Scrapie Eradication
- June 2009 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Scrapie Chapter Revised at OIE
- March 2009 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Scrapie Topics Discussed at ASI Annual Convention
- December 2008 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Infected and Source Flocks New Statuses by Year
- September 2008 Scrapie Eradicate It -- Brochure for Youth Involvement
- June 2008 - Scrapie Eradicate It -- Notice the Signs for Eradication
- March 2008 - Scrapie Eradicate It -- Nor98-Like Scrapie Found in the United States
- December 2007 - Scrapie Eradicate It -- Changes in Scrapie Program Make it Consistent with OIE
- September 2007 - Scrapie Eradicate It -- Mid Program Numbers Look Promising
- September 2006 - Scrapie Eradicate It -- Consistent State Deadline Passes
- June 2006 - Scrapie: Eradicate It -- Consistent State Status Deadline Quickly Approaching
- March 2006 - Scrapie: Eradicate It -- Work Needed by Some States to Maintain Consistent State Status after Sept. 30
Scrapie Eradication Is In Sight, You Are the Key to Finding the LAST CASES!
Eradicating Scrapie from the U.S. Flock ~ Regulatory Scrapie Slaughter Surveillance Program
Scrapie from A to Z ~ Youth Brochure
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Veterinary Services portion of the USDA Web site contains the latest information on scrapie. In order to find the remaining scrapie infected sheep and goats and to demonstrate to the world that the U.S. is scrapie free, we need more sample submissions from mature sheep and goats that die on farm. The only diagnostic tests currently available to determine if a sheep or goat has scrapie require brain or lymphoid tissue. To access the USDA/APHIS/VS Scrapie web site, click here .
The National Institute for Animal Agriculture also spearheaded a Scrapie Education Initiative . Review documents for the sheep and the goat industries.